In case the date isn’t already in your schedule, spoga+gafa, the largest garden fair in the world, will take place from Sunday, September 2, to Tuesday, September 4, 2018, at Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany. The garden fair will cover 226,000 square meters of gross exhibition space, will feature more than 2,000 exhibitors from 59 countries, and boasts approximately 39,000 visitors from 114 countries.
Whether you are interested in the latest trends in engines for gardening equipment, parks and paths construction technology, or high-pressure cleaners, the trade fair has it all covered.
spoga+gafa will present the current and upcoming outdoor trends with its highly effective business atmosphere. The fair almost completely covers the entire spectrum of the garden market with its range of exhibits.
This platform for outdoor premium brands really offers garden enthusiasts interested in design their money’s worth. The most important exhibitors in the world present their current collections. The best international aspiring young designers have the chance to display their interpretations of outdoor living: Selected by a jury of international experts, the competition exhibition ‘unique youngstar’ showcases the most creative and visionary entries throughout the duration of spoga+gafa.
In addition to old favorites such as the Boulevard of Ideas that will make a return, there are a few surprises in store for people already acquainted with the show:
IVG Power Place Green
The focus of the new Power Place lies on soils, substrates, fertilizers, substitutes, plants and plant protection products. In addition to the innovations and current product lines of the manufacturers, a lecture program featuring international experts, as well as the latest ideas from start-up companies on the theme plant growth await visitors. The theme islands will be located in Passage 4/5, right at the heart of the trade fair. Alongside other exhibitors, big IVG members such as DHG, green partners international and Neudorff will be represented at the IVG Power Place Green.
Outdoor furniture trends from 1960 until today
spoga+gafa is a stage for worldwide product launches. Since its beginning, it has been the place to present soon-to-become icons. This year, attendees can take a look at some of the mega brands and cult brands of the garden industry that were exhibited in Cologne for the first time. From there they took their path into the gardens, hotel grounds, parks and outdoor food service outlets of the world.
As well as looking into the past, spoga+gafa 2018 provides a look ahead to the future of outdoor furniture and shading systems in an internationally curated trend show.
Other events at spoga+gafa include:
- Landgard<ital] – As a result of the integration of the plants ordering days of Germany’s leading horticulture marketing organization, spoga+gafa will be an attractive hot spot in the plants business.
- Garden Centre Day– In cooperation with the Association of German Garden Centres (VDG e.V.), the Garden Centre Day will be staged during spoga+gafa 2018.
- POS Green Solution Islands– On five different islands spoga+gafa will present specific ideas for the design of promotional spaces at the point of sale. An inspiration source and solution how to present a combination of the various product segments.
- Outdoor Kitchen World– The garden bbq product segment is reaching a new dimension, and outdoor kitchens will round off the existing bbq competence of spoga+gafa by presenting this trend perfectly at the Outdoor Kitchen World.
- Smart Gardening World and Power Place Akku– In a combination of exhibition and event spaces, various exhibitors are presenting their new product developments from the smart gardening sector and the battery technology, which will be accompanied by an interesting lecture program.
spoga+gafa features four main segments: garden creation & care, garden living, garden bbq, and garden unique.
- garden creation & care:In the garden creation & care segment (Passage 4/5, Halls 5.1 and 6) everything revolves around plants, their cultivation and, of course, their care. In addition to the appropriate machines, tools, garden equipment and the necessary accessories, everything on the theme of living green can be found here – right through to biochemicals and soils. Plant buyers and specialized dealers can particularly look forward to the Landgard Plant Ordering Days (Hall 5.1): Horticultural businesses from all over the globe will show which plants and trends you can impress garden enthusiasts with, from nursery items, to potted plants and seasonal items.
- garden living:In the summer, the garden becomes the center of life. Now, the items that transform the garden into summer living rooms come under focus: Outdoor furniture, furnishing, decoration and the latest trends and products from the sports & games section. Visitors can find a complete overview of the theme “life in the garden” in the garden living segment, which is traditionally the largest product section of spoga+gafa. International exhibitors present the latest and most exciting innovations for the coming months in Halls 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.2, 9 and 10.1.
- garden bbq:At spoga+gafa, garden enthusiasts can experience the entire world of barbecuing – and the largest coherent offering of grill and BBQ products worldwide. Halls 7 and 8 are the center of the international grill and BBQ industry, where world-famous and exciting new brands showcase what is, and what is going to become, important on the barbecue scene.
- garden unique:Strong brands and big names in the exclusive outdoor furniture sector are the focal point of garden unique (Hall 10.2). This platform for outdoor premium brands really offers garden enthusiasts interested in design their money’s worth. The most important exhibitors in the world present their current collections, and the best international aspiring young designers their interpretations of outdoor living.
Show hours for spoga+gafa are 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday and Monday, September 2 and 3, and 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday, September 4. For more information about spoga+gafa, visit http://www.spogagafa.com/spogagafa/index-2.php