Cub Cadet announced the latest addition to its residential lawn mower lineup – the Ultima Series of zero-turn lawn mowers.
As a result of research including more than 63,000 hours of engineering and testing, the Ultima Series was designed from the ground up. The Ultima Series is a fully reimagined mowing experience with each detail elevated, all while maintaining a strong consumer focus throughout the design process.
- Frame strength: A continuous, fully welded 2-inch-by-2-inch tubular frame delivers strength and durability.
- Comfort: The Ultima Series redefines comfort with a high-back, adjustable seat, industry-exclusive overmolded hand grips, and advanced polymer seat isolators to deliver a smoother, quieter ride than traditional springs.
- Best-in-class cut*: The AeroForce cutting system outfitted on select Ultima Series delivers best-in-class cut quality, a claim tested with The Ohio State University. This means fewer clumps and stragglers, finer clippings, and increased evenness during mowing.
- Simple upkeep: Maintenance-free spindles, a hinged floor pan for easy deck access, and a best-in-class warranty make maintenance simple and easy and provide the ultimate peace-of-mind.
“Launching the Ultima Series is as exciting for us as it is for our customers, and is best summed up by one eager homeowner saying the grass can’t grow fast enough,” said Trevor Oriold, business segment director at Cub Cadet. “This early momentum is evidence that our approach is working, and our commitment to carefully and thoughtfully designing around people will continue to be the heart of our success.”
The Ultima Series offers two trim levels, the ZT1 and ZT2, with varying deck size options. The ZT1 is built to raise the bar for durability without sacrificing operator comfort and offers 42-, 46-, 50-, and 54-inch decks. The ZT2 steps up with maximum strength, comfort and durability with a more premium engine, stronger transmission, a reinforced fabricated AeroForce deck, tougher tires on stylized 10-inch rims, and a fully adjustable high-back seat with armrests. The ZT2 collection is larger, with 50-, 54-, and 60-inch deck sizes.
Additionally, the Ultima Series comes equipped with:
- A rubber floor mat to dampen vibrations
- Fifteen quarter-inch deck height adjustments
- An offset front axle for precise trimming
- LED headlights
- Standard rear tow hitch
- Premium tire set
- Powerful Kohler and Kawasaki engines
*Based on testing and evaluation conducted with The Ohio State University of cut appearance in side discharge, mulch and bagging modes of current model Cub Cadet ZT1 54, John Deere Z355 E, Toro TimeCutter SS 5000, Hustler Raptor 52, Ariens ICON X 52 and Husqvarna Z 254 conducted on 5–7, June 2018. The Ohio State University does not endorse or promote Cub Cadet or any of its products and services.