Greenworks Commercial unveiled the first production models of its highly anticipated Lithium Z zero-turn mowers this week. The Greenworks Commercial Lithium Z family features the first and only lithium-ion battery powered commercial-grade mowers to be independently UL-certified for safety.
At the outset, the Lithium Z family will feature both a 48-inch stand-on mower and a 60-inch ride-on mower, both offering users the ultimate in zero-turn radius maneuverability, zero gas and zero emissions. Both models are powered by an 82-volt 13.8kW lithium-ion battery and feature three 1.5KW brushless blade motors and two 1.7KW brushless drive motors, delivering pro-level cutting speed and power, offering a true gas replacement.
“These products have been highly anticipated by the industry since we first showcased early prototypes at the 2016 GIE+EXPO,” said Tony Marchese, director of independent retail – Greenworks North America. “At GIE 2017, attendees saw and experienced models that were late-stage prototypes, and every moment since then our efforts have been spent on tweaking and perfecting these machines. We have field tested them with some of the biggest pro landscaping companies in the country this spring and without exception, they have received rave reviews as true gas alternatives. Since May our dealers have just been overwhelmed with pre-orders so we are excited to make them widely available beginning today, as the industry’s first ever UL-certified, professional-grade, lithium-ion zero turn mowers.”
Each of the models deliver long-lasting power, commercial-grade durability and maximum safety features.
The following is a rundown of the key features and structural specs for each model:
- Blade speeds from 2,800-3,200 rpm
- 60-inch professional steel deck
- Electronic height adjustment from 1 to 6 inches
- Forward speeds from 0-10 mph
- Reverse speeds from 0-5 mph
- 13-inch front tires, 23-inch rear tires designed to offer stability on the most challenging of terrain.
- 4.5-5 hours of cutting time per charge
- 10 hours charge time
- Stepless cutting height positions
- Weighs 1,321.5 pounds
- Blade speeds from 2,800-3,600 rpm
- 48-inch durable steel deck
- Manual height adjustment from 1.5 to 6 inches
- Forward speeds from 0-6 mph
- Reverse speeds from 0-3 mph
- 12-inch front tires, 18-inch rear tires to get through tough terrain
- 6 hours of cutting time per charge
- 10 hours charge time
- 18 different cutting height positions
- Weighs 1,120 pounds
Both of Greenworks Commercial’s 48-inch stand-on mower and 60-inch ride-on mower come equipped with electromagnetic parking brakes for added safety. Each offers a 90-day blade warranty, 2-year (or 500-hour) frame warranty and 3-year battery and motor warranty.
The Lithium Z family is available now through the Carswell, Carswell OEI, Conniff, Edney, PACE, and Steven Willand independent dealer networks. For more information on Greenworks Commercial’s entire family of professional-grade 82-volt tools, including its Lithium Z zero-turn mowers, visit http://greenworkscommercial.com.