Honda Power Equipment introduced the all-new EU2200i inverter generator. Part of Honda Power Equipment’s Super Quiet Series of generators, the new EU2200i lineup is the perfect portable generator for work, home or play. Replacing Honda’s top-selling EU2000i model, the EU2200i delivers the same reliable Honda portable power, but more of it.
“The all-new Honda EU2200i inverter generator delivers 10 percent more power than the outgoing model, letting customers power more of what they need, but with virtually no change in weight or cost,” said Michael Rudolph, vice president, Honda Power Equipment. “With a larger engine, easy start-up process and easier maintenance, we think the all-new Honda EU2200i is the most versatile and reliable portable generator in the marketplace.”
Homeowners, outdoor enthusiasts and on-the-job users of portable power have made Honda Power Equipment’s outgoing EU2000i model a best-seller in the segment, and the top-selling generator model for Honda. The quiet, reliable power of the outgoing EU2000i family is a customer favorite for tailgating, camping, hunting, jobsites and home backup power.
Building on that reputation, the EU2200i lineup raises the bar when it comes to quiet, dependable, durable and easy-to-use generators. With four models from which to choose — the EU2200i, the EU2200i Camo, the EU2200i Companion and the EB2200i for industrial use — there is an EU2200i model to fit almost every customer’s needs.
Honda Super Quiet Series generators are inverter-equipped models that feature a totally enclosed body and significant acoustic engineering, resulting in noticeably quieter performance. They are designed for the ultimate in quality, portability and convenience. All of the Honda Super Quiet Series generators are ultra-low noise.
Key functional enhancements on the all-new Honda EU2200i generator include:
- A bigger oil filler opening, a longer spout and larger oil drain gutter make for easier and cleaner oil changes.
- A fuel shutoff valve (“Fuel Off” position) allows the engine to continue to run until the majority of the fuel in the carburetor is consumed and the engine shuts off, which helps prevent stale fuel issues and is useful for storing the generator.
- A stamped metal recoil rope insert provides increased product durability and reduces potential damage to the generator body.
- An increase in the ventilation area of 2.31 square inches compared with the outgoing model reduces cabinet air intake resistance, resulting in improved inverter cooling. The addition of new ducts allows for the air to move more evenly over internal parts while improving the overall airflow for better cooling of key components.
- The stator/rotor configuration of the EU2200i is improved, using some of the highest quality and most powerful magnets available in the market. These magnets — responsible for producing electricity, are thinner — keeping the diameter of the stator unchanged, reducing the weight of the component and providing more power output
- Operational contact points are color-coded in gray, and guide the user through the starting operation.
- The new design and styling of the EU2200i more prominently display the Honda brand logo on the side of the unit and output power on the front of the unit.
- Parallel connection allows for pairing of the all-new Honda EU2200i with another EU2200i or a Honda EU2000i K1/T1 model for added convenience and more power
The Honda EU2200i generator is powered by the Honda GXR120 Commercial Series engine. The 121cc engine delivers exceptionally quiet, smooth, fuel-efficient performance.
Honda inverter technology means stable, clean power in a smaller, lighter package. Computers and power-sensitive equipment require “clean power”. Clean power is electrical current that is consistent and has a stable signal, or sine wave.
Honda’s inverter technology takes the raw power produced by the generator and uses a Honda-designed microprocessor to condition it through a multi-step process.
Inverter technology also has allowed Honda to substantially reduce weight and noise on a number of its models. The EU2200i weighs in at a dry weight of 46.5 lbs.