The Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI) and the National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP) announced June 11 that they will hold a joint press conference at the Green Industry & Equipment Expo (GIE+EXPO) on Thursday, Oct. 22, 2015, at 9:30 a.m. in Room C105 at the Kentucky Exposition Center. Reporters are invited to attend and learn about issues, developments and trends impacting outdoor power equipment markets and landscape professionals. Press conference participants will include Kris Kiser, president and CEO of OPEI, and Sabeena Hickman, CAE, CMP, president and CEO of NALP, formerly known as PLANET.
GIE+EXPO is the ninth largest trade show in the world with more than 750 exhibitors in 500,000 square feet of indoor exhibit space and a 19-acre outdoor demonstration area. The conference highlights innovations in the lawn, landscape, outdoor power equipment and utility vehicle industries.
“We anticipate the numbers on GIE+EXPO participation to once again break records,” said Kiser.
Previously known as the Green Industry Conference, LANDSCAPES is the signature landscape and lawn care industry education, training and networking experience annually. At LANDSCAPES, the industry’s top leaders and entrepreneurs inspire professionals, and the trade show features the latest trends in outdoor living.
As the majority partner in GIE+EXPO, OPEI plays a critical role in the trade show’s development and growth, and as the educational manager of LANDSCAPES, NALP leads the industry in education and training.
“We are excited to be bringing some of the best business speakers to LANDSCAPES 2015 to help landscape industry companies create stronger businesses and support their employees’ professional growth,” said Hickman.
The press conference will provide:
* An update on the latest ethanol developments and OPEI’s ‘Look Before You Pump’ ethanol education and consumer protection campaign.
* The re-branding of NALP over the past year and the association’s heightened profile in advocating for the landscape industry.
* Discuss the re-branding of the Green Industry Conference as LANDSCAPES.
* The latest information on TurfMutt, an outdoor power equipment industry-supported, K-5 education and environmental stewardship program led by OPEI with Scholastic, Inc.
* New developments on regulations and harmonization of outdoor power equipment standards on the global front
* The newest programs at NALP and research on professional careers in the landscape industry.
Stop by booth # 11146 to learn more about OPEI and booth # 7114 to get more information from NALP.