The Equipment Dealers Foundation (EDF), the charitable organization of the Equipment Dealers Association (EDA), has selected 15 individuals to receive a scholarship for the 2017-2018 academic year. The objective of EDF’s scholarship program is to support the education, training and advancement of current and potential employees in the equipment industry.
Scholarship funds were awarded to qualified students/trainees who were sponsored and recommended by equipment dealerships throughout the United States and Canada. Scholarships are available in each of EDA’s nine regions. This year, EDA received applications from seven of those nine regions and will disburse a total of $30,000, which includes matching funds from sponsoring dealerships.
“We are thrilled to have awarded scholarships to 15 very deserving candidates this year,” said Tom Nobbe, chairman of the EDF board. “Our hope is to inspire these students to continue their training and education, so they can positively impact the dealerships they work for and the industry as a whole. Workforce development has never been more important for the equipment industry, and EDF strives to do its part to help.”
The EDF Scholarship aims to facilitate the retention of long-term employees for dealerships by assisting with their education, training and advancement. Students can use their funds for a variety of programs from individual classes to post-graduate degrees.
Scholarships were awarded for a wide range of educational opportunities, including technical training and four-year degrees. The following 15 individuals received scholarships:
- Shane Clark, Western Tractor Company (Lethbridge, Alberta)
- Jacob Groothuis, Homestead Lawn & Tractor (Cleveland, Tenn.)
- Brett Guenther, Yorkton New Holland (Yorkton, Saskatchewan)
- Ryan Gushi, Hoxie Implement Co. (Hoxie, Kan.)
- Tyler Hacket, Midwest Machinery Co. (Sauk Rapids, Minn.)
- Noah Heinemann, Wm. Nobbe & Co. (Waterloo, Ill.)
- Chloe Lonergan, Empire Crane Company (North Syracuse, N.Y.)
- Bryan Manzer, Manzer Equipment (Osmond, Neb.)
- John McGraw, Castongia Tractor (Rensselaer, Ind.)
- Kaden Purviance, 21st Century Equipment (Scottsbluff, Neb.)
- Preston Lee Salvador, 21st Century Equipment (Sterling, Colo.)
- Treyton Schemper, O’Brien County Implement (Sheldon, Iowa)
- Jordon Shaw, Waupun Equipment (Waupun, Wis.)
- Mitchal Van Gorp, Sheldon Power & Equipment (Sheldon, Iowa)
- Richard Vohs, Frontline Ag (Choteau, Mont.)
The EDF’s increased commitment to education and training requires a significant need for additional funds to match the growth in applications submitted by current and future employees of dealer members. For more information about the EDF scholarship program or to make a tax-deductible contribution, visit http://www.equipmentdealer.org/ourFoundation.